Friday, June 26, 2009

Tore Out Front Wall. Orange Glow "Capped"

Still No rain. Still going to be a hot one. I opened up the doors and windows early, to air out the house, but by 8.00 AM I had it all closed up again, turned the AC back on, as MaeMae and I went to get Jay.

Ray wasn't going to be here today, so it will be a mad scramble tomorrow to get the Mirage ready for viewing.

Jay and I had decided that we would start earlier, and amazingly, he was ready. We could see that when the Previous Owner had installed the AC, that they had not made any structural changes to help support the weight. We, I, decided that we had better take the birch paneling down to see what was going on under there. I wanted to re-insulate anyway. The old fiberglass insulation was in bad shape, and I was told that it is better to go back with foam board insulation, as thick as will fit, even on a vintage trailer.

Shay was outside with Orange Glow, the stray that we all adopted, well, mostly Shay and Ray. He is now neutered, vaccinated, de-wormed and protected monthly with "Revolution", (for heart-worms, worms, fleas, ear mites, mange mites, etc). They absolutely adore him. He loves to play"dress-up", and here he is with his cap on. These are not the best pictures, as Shay wants to submit them somewhere.

While Jay and I were working on the Coronado, a friendly, little, young, un-tagged, black dog showed up. I gave him water and some food. He had been running loose in the subdivision for a few days. Rather than see him become roadkill on the main road behind me, I called Animal Control. They arrived within the hour, I hated to see him go, but I hope that he gets a good new life.

By 11.30 AM, Jay and I had had enough for the day.

No comments: