Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Bookkeeping. More Floor Screwed Down. Dogs!

It was going to be hot again. I didn't let any of the cats out on the porch.

Ray was elsewhere, pressure washing a boat.

Jay was finally ready about 9.30 AM, so MaeMae and I went down there to get him. We hadn't done the Time Log in a long time, and he forgets how many draws he makes when we are out shopping. We had to sit down and do the books. He needed money to re-up his cell phone, and he knew I wasn't going to pay for it until we knew exactly where we stood. That took a while, and he was amazed at how much money he had used up out of his pay. I wasn't going to drive him anywhere to buy the minutes, so I found a way to do it online. Even better, they give him an extra $5 worth, when we do it online.

We finally started work at 11.15 AM, and he got the latest piece of plywood screwed down. Fortunately it was overcast, though oppressive, like it was going to rain, so we weren't too hot. He was just going to cut the next piece when his phone rang. Mary, a neighbor, had a toilet stopped up, in one of her rentals. So we had to quickly roll up the tools that were outside, and asked Ray to keep an eye on the rest. We loaded two of my snake tools, plus my plunger in the Puddle Jumper, and off we went. It was an easy fix, no nasty mess, and all he used was the plunger, but I know he will charge Mary more than he should.

Mary's renters had a nice new looking small white wire rabbit cage just sitting in their back yard, and I asked them if it was for sale. They got a rabbit, but shortly after, some kid had run a stick across the wires, and apparently the rabbit had died of a heart attack, poor baby. I got it for $5, and the door is big enough for a cat, so now maybe I can take Patches to Adoption Day. She panics in a carrier as she was locked up in one for a long time, before I rescued her.

By the time we got back it was too late to do any more here, as I have to start work at 2.00 PM.
We put the rest of the tools away that were in the trailer, and called it a day.

"Any man with money to make the purchase can become dog's owner. But no man — spend he ever so much coin and food and tact in the effort — may become a dog's Master without the consent of the dog. Do you get the difference? And he whom a dog once unreservedly accepts as Master is forever that dog's God."
Albert Payson Terhune

I hope when you click on this to enlarge it, you can read it. It is neat.

No comments: