Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Birds Dying. Migraines. Jay?


Man killing nature again:

Paralyzed Albatross Chick.
Photo: © Myra Finkelstein
“Renewed calls to Congress to provide funding to clean up 70 deadly lead paint-contaminated buildings on Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge.

The buildings have been responsible for the deaths of as many as 130,000 Laysan Albatross chicks since jurisdiction of Midway was transferred from the Navy to the Department of the Interior (DOI) in 1996.

“Curious Albatross chicks are ingesting the lead-based paint chips, which causes a variety of painful ailments and ultimately, a slow death,” said Dr. Jessica Hardesty Norris, Seabird Program Director for ABC.
Many of the chicks on Midway exhibit a condition called “droopwing”, which leaves them unable to lift their wings. Unable to fly, many die of starvation and dehydration.”
From: http://www.abcbirds.org/newsandreports/releases/100202.html
__________________

I have never been plagued with headaches, thank God, but I know that many people are really debilitated by these migraines, so I thought this might be useful:
Health Tip: Foods That May Spur Migraines
“Migraine headaches frequently are characterized by symptoms such as nausea, dull or severe head pain and sensitivity to light.
In some sufferers, certain foods may help trigger migraines. The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list:
____________________________

More of Vickie’s comment of yesterday, some of which is personal, so I didn’t publish the whole thing.

Vickie also said this:
"Oh my last thought if Jay had started drinking with your granddaughter like she was and your dog, I would kicked his ass to hell wouldn't have it. We would not be talking about him now, because he wouldn't be in my life. You are a good woman Penny."

Vickie, all I can say about Jay is that he is like the old nursery rhyme:

"There was a little girl who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. 
When she was good she was very, very good, and when she was bad, she was horrid".

His mother, Claudia, and I have been friends for many years, and when Jay is OK he is a great help to me, because I am on my own.  Even before I had that heart attack he has gone with me, so I wouldn’t be driving on my own, just like he does his mother, who is still getting over the liver transplant.  Even though he doesn't have a driver’s license, it is comforting to have someone with you, as long as he is himself.

He tries for several days, but he cannot stop drinking, and I have forgiven him seventy times seven! Isn’t that what I am supposed to do?

Just a laid back, overcast, drizzly, hanging around day.

No comments: