Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Alaska, Anyone? My New Doctor.

I know several couples who are dreaming or planning to go to AK, so here is a free book, it can be mailed or viewed online:
http://www.northtoalaska.com/plannerRequest.aspx?utm_source=0673&utm_medium=ad

My brother and SIL in England, are hoping to go there this year.  They just sold their business, and are already living in their RV.
I would like to have the book, even though I’ll never get there, just so that I can  ‘armchair’ follow along better.
_____________________

Today was the appointment with my new doctor.  Even though I had submitted for my records to be transferred there last week, they had not arrived.   The nurse had a couple of learners watching as she took my BP: OK, pulse:  OK,  and my temp, which was below nornal.

Dr. Shee was just as he had been described to me.  Didn’t rush, and treated me like he was really interested.  He had a little laptop, and was making notes on it. 
Without my records, his hands were somewhat tied, but he prescribed what he called a ‘steroid pack’, a nasal spray, antibiotics, and a new nitroglycerin.  He looked at some moles, and said they were ok.  He has left an order at the desk where I can get a cholesterol blood test next time that I am in that town, before coffee. That will have to be a deliberate fasting on my part!  Coffee goes with emails, first thing in the morning!

I stopped at Lowes to get another stick of rigid door insulation for my back door, and some rollers that might fit Ray’s patio door.  Then off to Krogers.  I hung around the store for 45 minutes while I waited for my prescriptions, and picked up a few bargains of meat, salmon, and frozen vegetables.
___________________

Quotes:
“Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries”. Douglas Cassey.

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have”. Thomas Jefferson.

“What this country needs are more unemployed politicians”. Edward Langley.
____________________

The sun was shining, but even though it wasn't really cold it felt like it, as there was a strong wind.
So that was just about the whole day!

2 comments:

squawmama said...

Well Penny I think you should get the book to follow along with us or tell us great places we should go... We already received those books and they are GREAT! Have a super day and travel safe!
(((HUGS)))
Donna

KarenInTheWoods said...

Thanks for the link for the free book about Alaska.... time to start planning!

Karen and Steve
(Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/