Friday, October 9, 2009

Light Company! National Parks.

Well, the Formica-ing didn't get done today. Ray had to take Shay to the doctor, and his back is still messed up, and even with a back brace, he is still in pain.

I got caught up with folding a couple of baskets of clean laundry, unloading the dishwasher and looking for a little cordless hand vac for quick clean-ups of scattered cat litter in the dog room. The big shop vacs are good, but I want one I can use easily, and not drag out the big one.

Of course, now that I have a deposit on the Mirage, the missionaries have emailed me that they want to pick it up next week, and they were going to pay me $500 more than the little lady!

I was all set to go to WalMart to buy a cordless vacuum, after reading the reviews, when the door bell rang. A nice little old gentleman who lives down my road, was in tears and didn't know who to turn to. His English isn't too marvellous, so he is difficult to understand. He has a little lake house, it must be a third the size of mine, but he had received a light bill of over $555 for one month! Mine was $81, and I have 3 ACs, washer, dryer, electric water heater, dishwasher, and all that stuff.
How is that poor little old man going to cope with a bill like that? I called the light company for him, and after an hour and a half on the phone, they are going to send someone out to check his meter, and the reading, but not until the 14th. I also asked Ray to take my electrical testing equipment down there to see if he can see what is wrong, but he hurt too much to do it today. We are suspicious of the water heater thermostat.

Here is a follow up on the National Parks Shows:

THOUGHTS FOR ALL TIME
"I think the Public Lands Service Corps is a wonderful opportunity for Americans to contribute domestically to our most precious resource, our national parks and public lands. It saddens me to see our national parks in a state of disrepair--we are entrusted to take care of these treasures for the next generation. "--Thomas, from Cambridge Massachusetts, in a letter to his legislators regarding the Public Lands Service Corps Act
The National Parks are asking for donations.

This is the weather around the state of TX today:
State Highs:
Edinburg
90°F
Weslaco
90°F
Harlingen
90°F
Port Isabel
89°F
McAllen
89°F
State Lows:
Dalhart
34°F
Pampa
35°F
Dumas
36°F
Perryton
36°F
Amarillo
37°F
Here it is a dreary, rainy, dismal day.

1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh Penny, that was so kind of you to help the neighbor out! What a thoughful person you are.