Thursday, December 17, 2009

Help Stop Cruel Dog Fighting. Lunch with Arlene.


“CHILD ABUSE IN DOG FIGHTING RINGS: Dog fighters and gangs bring their CHILDREN to such fights and teach them torturing animals is "normal, perpetuating the cycle of violence.

Virtually all dog fighters and their spectators have a history of criminal violence. 

"One of the most dangerous things that can happen to a child is to kill or torture an animal and get away with it," Margaret Meade, Anthropologist.

FBI serial killer profiling confirms mass murderers start off by torturing animals due to the complete disregard for living things and lack of conscience. http://animalwelfare.change.org/actions/view/revive_john_kerrys_federal_dog_fighting_bill-dog_fighting_national_epidemic_and_serious
__________________________

Today, I was to meet Arlene in Conroe at 11.30 for lunch.  It was drizzling, and the roads looked slick.  Terrible, I was late !

I had allotted plenty of time, as I was going to make a few stops on the way. Just as I had started my van, a burgundy SUV pulls in Ray’s driveway, next door.  We have had some grifters going around trying to sell roof sealer, so I thought I had better check it out, as maybe they were ‘casing the joint’.

He asked if it was this address, and so I asked who he was looking for.  Apparently me, so I asked him who he was.  He said from the Post Office with a package. OK. So I said “I’ll take it, and put it in my van”, and he looked at me funny.  Then it dawned on me that he didn’t know me from a hole in the ground, so I got out of the van, and unlocked my front door, so he knew that I belonged there.  I don’t blame him, do you?

Then on the 5 mile hilly no-passing zone all the way to the freeway, I, and others, were stuck behind a garbage truck doing 35 mph.

Next !  Oh! No!  The southbound I-45 freeway was a parking lot.  I quickly drove east on FM 1097 with several other vehicles, and cut across to SH 75, and we all drove south on it.  When we got to FM 830, we cut back west to get on the freeway, but cops wouldn’t let us, and detoured us onto the feeder road.  The freeway was empty behind, and in front of us.    I still don’t know what had happened.

When I arrived, I sat down in the lobby of the China Buffet to call Arlene, as I don’t drive and talk, and she came up to me.  She had saved us a booth as they were getting busy.  We had some good food and we talked for a couple of hours.  I had a great time. 

Just off the lobby someone was preparing all the green beans by hand.      Our waitress took this one of the two of us with my camera.  The one that the waitress took with Arlene's camera didn't come out, but she had a waiter take some better ones, so they are on her blog:     http://roamingwhenwecan.blogspot.com/

A jolly good day.

No comments: