Sunday, December 6, 2009

Swine Flu Virus By Mail.

It was over 40 deg. when I opened the blinds to the porch, but I still didn’t trust the weather enough to let the cats out there. The temperature is still rising this evening. 55 deg. now.

cat-is-troubleshooting-your-troubles (Small)I am getting a little tired of being right on top of this big old monitor that I had to drag out when my flat panel one went on the blink.  It is so big that I have to keep the blinds up in the window behind it, to give it more room. 


So I spent time searching on eBay for a cheap flat panel to tide me over.  I bid on quite a few, and they were going at cheap prices, but I just wasn’t quick enough on the draw to get them in the last few seconds of the auction. Also, I had set myself a limit for my maximum bids + shipping.
cat-ebay (Small)
 Getting my router set back up again, took some time. I had quickly undone it when my monitor went out so that I could use my  laptop on the cable.  I knew I had one more of those cables that would hook the laptop up to the router, so that involved straightening out all the computer junk that I had on the shelves, and getting it organized into little drawers. Lots of ‘meece’, and wires! The cats thought that was great fun.

cats-try-to-restart-computer (Small) It was a struggle to poke all the wires back where they belong behind the PC, and I looked at that mess, and thought, gee I don’t want another PC with all these wires, I’ll get a better laptop.  Then I looked at the octopus of wires coming out of my laptop, (without a printer or camera cord attached), and I don’t know if it is much better!!
______________________
Now, be careful of this email:

chewing-on-wires (Small)“It seems that people have been receiving emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requesting that recipients complete a "Personal H1N1 Vaccination Profile" at cdc.gov for the CDC Sponsored State Vaccination Program for H1N1. Of course, there's no such thing.
The CDC writes on its website under the Health Related Hoaxes and Rumors section:

"The CDC has NOT implemented a state vaccination program requiring registration on www.cdc.gov. Users that click on the email are at risk of having malicious code installed on their system."  For more info:

__________________________
cat-upgraded-RAM (Small)I didn’t feel chilled to the bone, like I did yesterday.  Even the attic and garage were comfortable, not drafty.    It gave me the incentive to get the dog room ready for my 5 boarders arriving tomorrow.

Oh, what a different day today. 

No comments: