Thursday, December 10, 2009

Calm Morning! Climategate.


I had taken time off from my morning job (6-8.00AM), as I knew that no one was going to be here to work today. I had been up in the night three times with Sheba barking to go outside, and of course, the others wanted to go out, too, so I bundled up in a heavy robe and took them out.  It was so cold that I had to put a little coat on Sheba each time. I turned over and went back to sleep until 7.30 AM, unusual for me.  I was going to take a leisurely bubble bath, wash my hair, and just take it easy.  I knew I had all day to finish grooming Mindi's two poodles.  HaHa!

I always a put cordless phone on the step stool next to the tub, as if I did fall, I wouldn't be able to reach the corded one in there.  First Ronnie called about nothing, then Jay called wanting to blow the pine needles off the roofs. Then a sales call, even though I am on the Do Not Call list. Then it dawned on me that it was the 10th. of the month, and I had three bills that HAD to be paid today, or I would suffer late charges.  Oh, Golly, where is this month going?  So I got dressed and drove down to Jay's with two scarves over my long, wet hair, as he wanted to go with me.  I had left it too late to pay them online. I quickly fed 8 little breakfasts, and was going quickly run into town, but Jay had already started on the roofs.  I had to wait for him to finish that, and then we went.  So it was lunchtime before we got back.  And I had to start work again at 2.00 PM. So now I am trying to groom them while fixing 8 dinners, plus mine, and write this, too.

I saw this the other day, so I put it in a draft and saved it, I wondered if it is all a scam, too.  So here it is:

http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=4550763482629643851&postID=2486022100368934775
and more about it:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3313785/Weather-Channel-boss-calls-global-warming-the-greatest-scam-in-history.html


 "CLIMATEGATE: Is GLOBAL WARMING “the Greatest SCAM in History?” CLIMATEGATE: Is GLOBAL WARMING “the Greatest SCAM in History?”

‘Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” — Comedian Jon Stewart

Okay, here’s a hot (no pun intended!) topic that seems to be front page news. At the very least, it’s worthy of discussion.
I’m an open-minded, environmentally sensitive person. I want clean water and air just like everyone else. I also want environmental policies based upon sound reasoning – not lies. I don’t appreciate fear-mongering.
A couple of years ago, John Coleman (the founder of the The Weather Channel) dubbed global warming ‘the greatest scam in history.’ He accused global media of colluding with ‘environmental extremists’ to alarm the public. Of course, he was verbally tarred and feathered by the mainstream media.


Now we have hard evidence that leading proponents of global warming have been practicing junk science. In what’s being called Climategate, confidential emails (more than 1,000 e-mails and 3,000 other documents) from leading global warming scientists have been leaked to the public. We now know what they’ve been saying in private – and it’s not flattering.

The upshot is that these climate scientists have been rigging data to prove what they want to prove. They’ve selectively ignored data that conflicts with their desired result, and have taken steps to censor opposing scientific views. They refused to submit their conclusions to full peer review.

For years we have been warned of a global warming crisis. But it’s now widely understood that over the past 11 years the earth has actually COOLED. This is why “global warming” is being replaced with the phrase “climate change.”

Okay, so the climate is changing. The earth is 4,540,000,000 years old. Hasn’t the planet’s climate ALWAYS changed? When has the earth’s climate remained constant? Wasn’t the earth once a molten mass? Weren’t the continents once joined together? The notion that the earth and its climate should remain constant is preposterous.

If you look at unaltered “Climategate” historical data, the earth was a much warmer place a few centuries ago — when Vikings were exploring the seas.
Of course, Vikings didn’t use internal combustion engines. So what was causing all the global warming? Is it possible that the earth naturally warms and cools on a cyclical basis?"

I finished both pooodles, and the yorkie today.

2 comments:

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

Great commentary. Nicely summed up. All should remember we are not in control but our creator and heavenly father. He takes care of the little birds so he will take care of us. Have a great weekend. Love reading your blog.
DF in Georgia

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Thank you for reading my ramblings, Ms. Fiddlesticks. I am honored. Happy Trails, Penny