TEST FOR OLD KIDS
I was picky who I sent this to. It had to be those who might actually remember. So have some fun my sharp-witted friends. This is a test for us 'old kids'! The answers are printed below, but don't cheat.
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.
02. When the Beatles first came to the US. In early 1964, we all watched them on The _______________ Show.
03 'Get your kicks, __________________.'
04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ___________________.'
05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.'
06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.'
07. Nestle's makes the very best . . . .. _______________.'
08. Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.
10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________. '
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the he front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________..
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __ ______________.
Now I will just make a few comments about my Lazy Sunday, before I show you the answers.
Even though the nasal rinse, that I wrote about in my previous post, didn’t quite work like it was supposed to, I only woke up once in the night, so that is an improvement.
Bobcat has been limping, and won’t put her left front paw on the floor. She is still eating well, but is laying around in dark places. I have moved her food tray out of my bathtub, so that she doesn’t have to jump up on her little step stool into the tub to eat. I have examined between her pads, and I can’t feel any swelling on her arm or shoulder. The online vets say that she may have got a claw stuck on something, and twisted a toe, which would heal itself.
She broke that arm 10-11 years ago, and they only left it in a cast for 4 weeks. I don’t know why they didn’t put another one on her for the other two weeks. She was in terrible pain that weekend, and you can’t give aspirin to cats. I was beside myself, and didn't know how to make her comfy. She has often had a slight limp since the broken arm, but not like this. When they X-rayed it they saw that she had a BB shot or something imbedded in her shoulder, so maybe that has moved, so I will get her checked out if she doesn't improve.
Ray and Shay, and my other neighbor, Zack, their son, are busy at her father’s place. He is 87 today. Gee, that is getting up there. All the family have come from far and wide to celebrate.
01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04. To protect the innocent.
05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
06. The limbo
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
Send this to your 'old' friends, better known as Seniors. It will drive them crazy! And keep them busy, and let them forget their aches and pains for a few minutes today.