Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Make Ready Day. How to Give a Cat a Pill!

Bobbiecat doesn't go out on the screen porch in the mornings anymore, she hangs around mostly in my bedroom and bathroom. The pills haven't stopped her from limping so badly that she still won't put that paw on the floor. But she did jump up on my bed last night, and patted my face with her paw that is on the bad arm. I think she thinks that she is petting me, she is so gentle. Thank goodness, I don't have any trouble poking her pill down her throat each day. Hilarious, please read this: http://www.nanceestar.com/CatPill.html

My sinuses started getting better two days ago, I don't know if it was the shots my doctor gave me last week, or the rinse. Still not right, but better. At least it doesn't start me coughing in the middle of the night.

Shay is going to be gone for a few days, housesitting. Ray and I have been waiting for this, as there are some repairs to be made to the guest house. Shay, even though she works, is not in the best of health, and rests in the afternoon, so it is better to do construction work while she is not there. Ray was busy taking her to the doctor and then on to the house to sit.

Jay wanted to work today. We will be taking everything out of Ray's bathroom, even the vanity, and kitchen, repairing a soft spot on the floor, and installing new linoleum. That means we had to make a space to put everything outside the guest house. Kitchen and living room have no door between them, and Ray's cat will be locked up in the bedroom. Jay and I packed up the little vintage stove that is sold, in a bigger box, and got that in the van for shipping. We moved and stacked other stuff to make room, as everything will have to be under the cover of the space in front of my storeroom adjoining my double RVport. The Puddle Jumper is parked in the front of that space, so I will back it out, when it comes time to get the saw horses out, so that we can work in the shade.

Then Jay mowed, but when Ray came home he complained that Jay had cut the grass too short.

Jay's tortoise spent the morning wandering around in my fenced back yard. It is so funny, if it sees someone it comes toddling over to them, and will follow you around like a dog.

It was very hot and humid, so it wasn't very pleasant working out there, today

No comments: