Monday, April 27, 2009

Claudia's New Liver Donor.

Oh, what a sad day it must be for the wonderful folks who donated their 13 year old daughter's liver. She was killed in a car accident yesterday.
Whoever they are, I and all of Claudia's family thank them more than they could ever know. What a wonderful thing to do.
It must have been a spur of the moment decision, as no one expects their daughter to die so suddenly, and she wasn't old enough to have it on her driver's license.
Their generosity might have saved some one's sight, someone else might have got skin, another a heart, 2 others a kidney each, 2 others could have got a lung each, another a pancreas.
I am sure nothing salvageable went to waste.
The waiting lists are long for transplants, and about 20 waiting people die each day.
Please sign the back of your license.
You can save several lives, just think what a difference that can make to their loved ones.
http://www.organdonor.gov/donor/index.htm
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/organ-donation/fl00077
Another valuable alternative, and your cremation is FREE:
http://lifequestanatomical.com/?gclid=CP-mvbSIkpoCFQObFQod5x89FQ

I wasn't trying to be morbid, death is a fact of life.

Claudia is in ICU, and still out of it. It will be great to see her as her old vital self, instead of the mostly bedridden person she has been for these last many months.

We managed to get the worst places on the Coronado primed before Ray had to stop as we had to go get a sewer machine in my van, for him to unclog a neighbor's main drain. Then I returned it and remembered to buy the cat food that I really wanted, from the next town.
Then the rains came. Muffie was picked up, so now there is just Bobcat, MaeMae, the foster cats and me to watch the rain pouring off the roof.

Also, I was getting the Dog Room ready for 7 doggie boarders today.

2 comments:

Gypsy said...

I have registered on my driver's license as a donor, but as I understand it, my next of kin would have to be contacted if I die and give their consent. Being a fulltime RVer could possibly present difficulties. (I think this is because I don't have a living will yet.)

gypsy

Speedy said...

I agree Penny! Sherri and I both are donors and would love nothing better than to save someones life with our gift.