Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away. Crystal and Duck Baskets

It has rained most of the day. I had to go to Conroe, and so Jay wanted to go with me. I knew that if he went, he would want to go thrift shopping, but that was alright, as there wasn't much we could do around the house, or outside.

Yesterday, with Minkie and Kashy back at Kenya's, Jay and I had given the house a good clean, vacuumed, and put things back that the kitties, mostly Minkie, had knocked down. We put the cat toys and the German Shepherd cage back in the grooming room. I used to lock Minkie up in it when I was gone, as she is so mishievous. I even caught her up on this shelf, tip toeing through the crystal. Good thing it is held steady with museum gel.


So today, we went to Conroe, and to the sewing machine man there to get a new belt for my machine. We went to a few thrift shops, and Jay got some fleecy sheepskin boots for the winter, and I got two more duck baskets. I used to have an enormous collection of duck baskets, but it got stolen. I haven't seen any for sale for a long time, so getting four in the last few days is unusual. This is how many I have now. Some of my shell collection is in the cabinet, the biggest ones won't fit in there.

Finally got to WalMart, trying to find stuff while they are re-modeling it, so it was a lot of walking today.

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

I've never seen duck baskets. My mom collects the chickens on a nest. They're also very hard to find. Great blog.
Dee