We had to set up a poly area inside, out of the wind, and sanded, routered, and sawed outside. A few pieces of the sanded wood from the Little Van had to be stained to match the rest of it. Must have come from oak trees that were not related ! It is all coming out a lot darker than I had hoped, and we only stained any parts that were definitely lighter, to make it match. A lot depends on the grit of the sandpaper for the last sanding, too.
Jay and I had to try to make the two doors to our new entertainment center to match the existing doors in the Class B. This meant that the front edges of our rails and styles had to be routered to an exact pattern. After trying out different router bits on scrap wood, we finally settled on a bit that made the one at the top of the picture. Then the backside of each rail and style had to be back cut with the table saw to the exact thickness of the oak fronts, so that it would inset in there. Bottom of picture.
I have a lot of tools, but I did wish that we were doing this in Norm Abrams shop !! (The New Yankee Workshop) Each style and rail had to be cut to precise size so that it will all dowel and glue up right. I hope it does. One thing that irks me was that the original doors were made with the oak grain going horizontally, not the norm of vertical. But as it happened, we were glad, as we could get our two door fronts, and the two wings, out of one sheet of oak, where it would have taken two sheets to made ours vertically. Sheets of oak aren't cheap.
Then Ray was able to sand what we had cut and routered, and put one coat of poly on it, before it was time to call it a day.