Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Prophecy: What Lies Ahead for You and Your World? Update.

For “Scripture Sunday”:

Prophecy: What Lies Ahead for You and Your World?
Prophecy: What Lies Ahead for You and Your World?
  • Kingdom of God

    Kingdom of God
    What is the Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven? When will it come? Where is it? Why is the message of the Kingdom of God called good news?
  • Revelation

    Revelation
    Can the mysterious book of Revelation—the last book of the Bible—be understood today? What does it mean for your future?
  • Understanding the Book of Daniel

    Understanding the Book of Daniel
    Does the book of Daniel have any significance for us today? Or is it simply a good book for children’s stories like “Daniel in the Lion’s Den”?
  • End times

    End Times
    Where are we in Bible prophecy? Is this age the time of the end? Can people calculate the date of Jesus Christ’s return to this earth?
  • Prophets

    Prophets
    Was Nostradamus a true prophet? How can you tell a true prophet from a false prophet? What does God have to say about true and false prophets?
  • America in Prophecy

    America in Prophecy?
    Many small nations are mentioned in Bible prophecy. Wouldn’t God also address a major world power like the United States of America in prophecy?
  • 12 Tribes of Israel

    12 Tribes of Israel
    What promises did God make to the 12 tribes of Israel? What were His plans and expectations for them? What is the significance of these things today?
  • Middle East

    Middle East
    Bible prophecy is heavily focused on the Middle East. It is destined to be the focal point of end-time conflict—and of the Kingdom of God beyond!

______

Update.

The post for last Sunday was all ready, but it is in my laptop, then a lot of things happened and I couldn’t post it.  So now this quick one, hopefully with a lot of Bible info.  One thing which has really hampered me this week is that I hurt my tail-bone and it hurts to sit down and even worse getting up.  So I didn’t go to the YMCA for the Yoga and Senior exercises. I did a lot of standing this week and cooked a lot of veggies that I had been given, including two great big Bok Choy.

I bought a used fridge for the mini-house, it is 5’ tall but only 24” deep, so it doesn’t overpower the space like the deeper, taller one did.

My new 14 year old foster cat arrived, a full grown skinny bag of bones weighing only 4 lb called “Oreo”.  She has to have thyroid and heart medicine rubbed inside her ears twice a day, and she wouldn’t eat. Her previous foster-mom had been force-feeding her with a syringe (without a needle, of course), and poor little Oreo didn’t like that, and nor did I. 

I wanted to get her eating by herself, so I bought her some KRM (Kitten Replacement Milk, that is for orphan kittens) which she would lap up a bit from time to time.  Gradually, she ate some Greenies, a nutritious cat treat, and then a couple of days later I took her to the vet for her twice monthly thyroid blood test, and they also gave her a B12 shot.  They said that she looked a lot better now as she was allergic to something at her previous place where her nose and sinuses were so messed up that she had to have a humidifier there.  She hasn’t shown any signs of that here. 

Poor little black and white Oreo, had been in a cattery, in a cage, with no home life for 12 years, and my SPCA boss wanted her to know what it was like to be in a loving home, being individually loved, and sleeping on someone’s bed.  That is why I was given the privilege of caring for her.  She is really loving it here, and last night she crawled up on my bed and slept there, purring. Finally, she is eating a little canned food, (Wellness, the best), diluted with water, so I hope when she goes back for her next thyroid check in two weeks, that she will have gained some weight.

As usual, we have been battling the winter scattering of pine needles and pine cones.  I heard that the pine cones will really do a number on a mower blade, so we have been raking and picking them all up before it was mowed.

Then more battling with this desktop which kept suddenly restarting like there had been a power failure, and I was frantic to save my pictures which I thought had gone into Google Drive but they hadn’t.  I need My Pictures to earn money by selling stuff, and if this computer dies, then I need my pictures in my laptop.  Finally, we got them on a thumb drive, so now Maybe I can get them in the laptop. Well, not me, I will have to get my neighbor to help me, as I don’t know how to do that. 

I am just an old great-grandma who all she knew when she was given a computer was how to type so I have had to teach myself how to work it to sell things to help pay the bills.  In the beginning, I knew how to sell stuff on eBay, but didn’t know how to write an email !  So, after a few weeks, I went to the library for them to show me how to do that. 

As I had some stew meat, I made a Beef and Barley Stew with organic veggies for the church potluck. Then there were the usual salads, lasagne, other beef dishes, pies, cookies and fruit.

The Bible readings were Prov. 8:1-17, Exo. 2:23-4:11, Isa. 40:11-19, Acts 10:9-28 and all of Matt 10.  The Teaching wa about The Readiness in The Believer.  About the desire to do something and then the preparation.

It was another ‘no-heat-nor-air-needed’ day.

2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Sometimes I think computers and such just try to get us upset on purpose. They have a mind of their own and like to play tricks on us. (grin)

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Hi DD. Thank you for your comment.
I don't think that these new devices save us any time, and anyway where did that saved time go? Did we do something constructive with it?
Texting, instead of hearing the tone of the voice?
A bunch of people in a line all looking at their phones, and not enjoying and communicating with each other. Even if it is just to talk about the old standby....the weather.
People are so distanced from each other anymore. Not a good thing.
Happy Tails and Trails, penny