Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Seniors! Eye Test & Bras!

SENIOR VERSION OF JESUS LOVES ME
Here is a new version just for us who have white hair or no hair at all. For us over middle age (or even those almost there) and all you others, check out this newest version of Jesus Loves Me.
JESUS LOVES ME
Jesus loves me, this I know,
Though my hair is white as snow
Though my sight is growing dim, (*)
Still He bids me trust in Him.
(CHORUS)
YES, JESUS LOVES ME.. YES, JESUS LOVES ME..
YES, JESUS LOVES ME, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.
Though my steps are oh, so slow,
With my hand in His I'll go
On through life, let come what may,
He'll be there to lead the way.
(CHORUS)
When the nights are dark and long,
In my heart He puts a song..
Telling me in words so clear,
"Have no fear, for I am near."
(CHORUS)
When my work on earth is done,
And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above,
Then I'll understand His love.
(CHORUS)
I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,
That I love Him every day.
(CHORUS)

If you think this is neat, please pass it on to your friends. If you do not pass it on, nothing bad will happen, but you will have missed an opportunity to "reach out and touch" a friend or a loved one.
______________________

Senior video of “Do You Want To Know a secret”:
_____________________

Senior Poem: http://wandascountryhome.com/antiques/
_____________________

Neither Ray nor Jay were going to be here today.

This gave me the opportunity to do things that I had been putting off.  These two errands needed to be done when I didn’t have Jay with me.

Cat-Lennon One was an eye test. I called around to see when I could be seen, and all I got were answering machines to leave a message, or recordings saying that they were busy, and to call back.  I guess the ophthalmologists have cut corners and don’t have receptionists any more.

I called Conroe Outlet’s “L’Eggs, Bali, Playtex” store to make sure they are still there.  That Outlet really has had a lot of stores close down.  Since I got this computer, I have put on weight, so I wanted their fitting lady to measure me to make sure that I still needed the same size. I went there first, as it is on the way into Conroe.   So after trying on some different styles, I came out with ‘Buy Three, Get One Free’ of the same style and size that I had before.

CatWearingGlassesAllYouNeedIsLove I am ashamed to say that the last time I got an eye exam was several years ago.   They must have had receptionists then, as I was able to call around and find out the different prices and services.  That time I went to Sam’s Club.  This time I stopped at WalMart, and I could be seen in about an hour. 

I walked, (trying to get exercise) to Sam’s Club to see what they offered.  She could see me right away, as someone was cancelling on the phone as I walked in.  We tried to leave a message at WalMart to let them know I wouldn’t be keeping my appointment, but got a machine saying to call back!! 

geysers-Eye%20Chart (Small) At Sam’s she did a very thorough exam, more than I had there last time, and even did the dilating thing to look and see what problems I might have.  She said I was starting to have cataracts, but nothing that needed attention.  She said not to get on the computer until at least 3.00 PM, and gave me some little shades to slip behind my glasses to go back out into the sun, as my eyes were still dilated.

 
Dog_with_glasses-cant-see I stopped at the WalMart one, to make sure they got the message that I tried to leave them on that  machine that didn’t take messages.  All it gave her was my name, but she figured out that I was not coming.  She also told me that it would have cost me $20 more to have had the dilation done there.  So I did good! 


I only wear my prescription bifocal glasses when I am driving.  I have them made with 100% UV, and tint at the top. Last time I got them made at WalMart, but this time I might try: http://www.zennioptical.com/home.php  (*)
Recommended by Andy Baird: http://www.andybaird.com/travels/skylarking/2009/10-pittsburgh.htm

I wandered around inside WalMart for a while to try to get my eyes ready for driving, but still nearly got hit by a pick-up truck on the way home today.

No comments: