Thursday, March 6, 2008

Red Rocks. Cheap CG in NM. Fostering Animals.






Well, it started out as t-shirt and sweater day, and soon turned into a t-shirt day.

There have been a lot of pictures of lovely red rocks on Howard's journal, (RV-Dreams.com) and I am wondering if these two places were once neighbors. I am kidding ! These are pictures of where I was when I was 12 years old, in the red rocks of the Dolomite Mountains, in northern Italy. In the last two pictures, that mountain in the background is orange also, but these pictures were taken in winter. That was the view from my bedroom window, in the summer. So I know that this mountain, Tre Cime di Lavaredo, and all the miles of surrounding mountains, are orange rock. This scenery has been etched into my memory for all these years, and I tried to find similar vistas in CO, but never found them. No wonder they were in Utah all the time !

Today I had to drive into Conroe again. As Jay and Ray will be back tomorrow for the weekend, I needed to get the parts that I didn't get yesterday. Namely, an attic disappearing staircase. The one going up to the storage area over the guest house messed up one of the arm/brackets. As I have not been able to find replacement arm/brackets, I just opted to buy a whole new staircase. The new ones are different, so I hope that it will work. The new one doesn't fold up like the old one, it telescopes. I went by the Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store to see if they had one, but they are only open Fridays and Saturdays. It is a good source for building materials.

It is also time to "Weed & Feed" the grass, and weeds around here, so I had to get some of that. We don't want those little cockleburrs growing in the yard.

Someone on TV just said "O- M- G--". That is one of my pet peeves, as I do know my Ten Commandments. Doesn't anyone take any notice of the Third Commandment, anymore ? Thou shalt not call upon the Lord's name in vain ?? I guess not, they break all the other ones too.

Here is an article about fostering critters:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/26/earlyshow/contributors/debbyeturner/main3877818.shtml I am glad that it is catching on. Maybe more folks will spread the word about spaying and neutering pets, so that we don't have such an excess, the need to put so many to sleep, and not enough good homes for them.

I bought an Havahart animal trap that was on the 'scratched and dented' aisle at Lowes. Maybe we can catch the sick old gray stray tomcat, and get him put out of his misery. He can't hunt for himself anymore, so maybe we can catch him now.

For those of you who like to stay at unusual campgrounds, here is one in Williamsburg, NM:
http://www.deserthavenanimalrefuge.com./RVPark.html
Full hook-ups (30 amp or 50 amp) are $12 day, or $50 week + elect., or $150 a month + elect. Most sites are pull thru. Now where can you stay for $150 a month ? All proceeds go to the No-Kill Animal Sanctuary. And they have workamping jobs there, too. If ever I get brave enough to drive my rig on a long trip, that would be one place I would like to go.

That is enough information for one day.

No comments: