Thursday, November 12, 2009

Trying Live Writer Again.Middle Room.Sanitizing RV Water System

Another Veterans Day picture:

Trying out Live Writer again. It will not go to my blog when I try to publish.

It kept on showing a message that said something about SSL/TLS secure channel. I searched and searched to try to find out what that is, but came up with a bunch of geek stuff that I did not understand.
This morning a Windows Live Messenger thing came up, and when I tried to sign in, it said I had to download something else. So I did that.  So let’s see if it works now!

No, it still says “ An error occurred while attempting to connect to your blog. The underlying connection was closed. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. You must correct this error before proceeding.”

As I don’t know what they are talking about, I will just have to copy and paste into Blogger direct.
I want my Live Writer to work in case I have to be offline some time, and also it has Spell Checker, which the new Blogger doesn’t have.

But my Followers are showing up again now.  They didn't before.  Thank you for following me, I don't often have anything really interesting to say, though.  Welcome to the new ones.

So, on to our jobs today.
We put a wider carpet bar in a doorway between the lino and the carpet.  The one the contractors had put in was not wide enough, and it was starting to make a trip place.


One of the cat cages has a tray, and the other one just has a thin panel for a floor.  That was the one that was over my counter height deep freeze in the Middle Room.  (There is another board which stops any cat food crumbs from falling into the gasket of the freezer!)  But food and litter crumbs were falling behind the freezer, so we moved, cleaned and vacuumed everything, and switched the cages over, so that the one with a tray would be there.  Which meant we had to turn the cages upside down, so that the doors would open the right way.  The cages have to be high up, so that I can tend to them, and they can't be in the grooming room, in case there are any dogs in there.  There is only a dutch door between the Middle Room and the Grooming Room.  Anyway, it is good exercise for the cats to jump up there.  They are very rarely locked up in their cages, only if I have to open the attic stairs, or if a dog is in the grooming room.  But they have their dry food, boxes, and eat their breakfast and dinner in their cages.  They are only in those rooms at night, and the mornings that we are working, the rest of the time they are in the house, or on the screen porch.  So that job is done for a while.



Now back to RVs.  This is something that an RVer said:
 "On our unit the drain is located right by the pump. I think that's where most are located. How are you going to sanitize it? We use vodka. I buy the cheapest vodka at the store and using a hose to the pump I put four or five fifths through the system. Reason? No taste and it sterilizes the system. I hate the chlorine taste!!!!!"""

Now there is a new idea!


"An RVer in a motorhome got hopelessly bogged down in an unexpected muddy hole along a dirt road. After a few minutes, a passing farmer drove by on his tractor and offered to pull him out for only $20. After the motorhome was back on dry ground, the RVer said to the farmer, "At those prices, I bet you're pulling vehicles out of this mud day and night."   "Can't," replied the farmer. "At night I haul water for the hole." "

"As a senior citizen RVer was driving down the freeway, cell phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's an idiot going the wrong way on Interstate 77. Please be careful!"   "OH," exclaimed Herman, "It's not just one, it's hundreds of them!""

Another lovely TX day today.

2 comments:

ANT-zee said...

I sanitize the RV system with the same sanitizer that beer and wine makers use on their equipment. It's a pink powder that I mix with hot water, dump about 5 gallons of the mix into the fresh tank, let sit for 1/2 hour (drive around if possible) then run the tank dry through the entire system. Beer making relies on perfectly sanitized stuff, so I sure can't argue with that!

KarenInTheWoods said...

LOVED your jokes and cartoons today... tee heee