Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gratitude Campaign For Our Troops. Ants. Retirement!


Another lovely day here in TX, on this Veterans Day.
Pray for our troops, please. Won't it be great when they are no longer in danger?
This is The Gratitude Campaign for our troops. You can silently thank them. Please watch the video there, too.
http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/story.php

Ray only had a couple of hours to work, but we made good use of them. We washed some things, a painted door, table, drink rack, etc., that are for sale, in the wash area, and brought a bunch more stuff down from the storeroom attic for the sale.
I want to get rid of nearly all of it this time, so after the yard sale, there will probably be a trailer load to take to be donated.



Then one thing lead to another. I had bought some Orthene for the fire ants, so that lead to a clean up of the back yard. Some branches and twigs had fallen off the pine trees, and as nearly blind MaeMae is coming to stay soon, I didn’t want her running into them. That lead to cleaning up some lengths of landscape timbers that Jay had stacked by a fence. Some just had to put on the burn pile.




I don’t like to use pesticides in the yard, but we had to control them. They were having a field day, and I couldn’t have MaeMae wandering into a bed of them. The grits were killing them, but not the queens. Orthene promises to do that.




“Retirement: It's nice to get out of the rat race, but you have to learn to get along with less cheese.” - Gene Perret.




“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. “- Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes, cartoonist.

Maybe I will be rid of the ants today.

1 comment:

Mom of Bark+Bite said...

Every day I go where I want --do what I want --Say what I want. All of this because brave men and women fought for my freedom and right to do this. I say a prayer and a thank you to all these brave souls.