Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday Pie on Saturday. Ins.

ziggyinsurance (Small)Another 40 deg. morning on the porch when I awoke and opened the blinds, so the cats stayed in. It did get up to 60 deg. but it wasn't sunny or cheery. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I suppose it was practicing.
Ray wouldn’t be here, so I thought that I had better go through a bunch of different prospectuses from different insurance companies. My plan won’t be available next year, so I have to study on this. I spent all morning researching, seeing which doctors were in each plan, and I am no more ready to decide!

No-bypass (Small)


Canada-health-ins. (Small)

















I knew I had to do something with the Food Pantry chopped up turkey, so I brought it up to temperature in some broth, and was going to make soup, until I came across:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Black-Friday-Pie/Detail.aspx

Black Friday Pie


"This is a tasty and exciting way to use all of your Thanksgiving leftovers, and you can modify it to fit whatever leftovers you have.”


Ingredients
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/2 cup cubed cooked turkey
1/2 cup cooked cut green beans
1/2 cup turkey gravy
1 cup prepared stuffing
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Thoroughly grease a 9-inch glass pie plate.
  2. Spread mashed potatoes onto the bottom and up the sides of the greased pie plate. Fill potato crust with the turkey, green beans, and gravy. Smooth stuffing on top of the turkey and gravy to create a top crust.
  3. Brush top of pie with melted butter. Bake pie until stuffing is golden and crispy, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Nutritional Information javascript:void(0);

Amount Per Serving Calories: 240 Total Fat: 12.4g Cholesterol: 30mg

_______________________


It says a glass pie pan, and after the problems others have had with them shattering, I looked to see if mine were made in China. Mine all say USA, but I don’t think that is the criteria, I think you just have to be careful not to put them on a cold counter straight out of the oven.
The reviews on the pie are pretty good, and I used up some cooked broccoli in it too. I didn’t have any mashed potatoes, and that would have been a lot of starch with the dressing, too, so I used the stuffing for the crust.
It was OK, but I am not crazy about dark turkey meat, and it was too difficult to pick out the breast. I expect they chopped it all up, so they could mix it up, then everyone would get a share of the breast.
Just a quiet day.

No comments: