Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Grooming MaeMae. Trying to fix my Picasa

Not much to say today.... Oh, Golly, I heard a resounding HOORAY !!

But I will post some funny airline announcements for you, so you can skip to the bottom!

Another chilly day, with no rain. The sun was out, so the cats enjoyed time on the screen porch

Ray wasn't going to be here today, so I got engulfed in ordering clipper blades on the computer, and didn't start grooming MaeMae until later than usual. That bit me in the arce later on. I was thinking that MaeMae was going to be here another night so I could finish her in the morning. Wrong! Claudia came to pick her up late this afternoon. So MaeMae is here tonight after all.

I had spent a lot of the afternoon going through all the Help sections of Picasa, trying to find out why I can't sign in to Picasa Web Albums from Picasa 3. Until I can do that, I can't save my recent pictures in the Web Album. If something happens to this computer, I will lose what is in here. Some I just wanted to store in the Web Album, and make a bit more space in this poor old 1 GB computer! I will just have to try to use my external hard drive again.
___________________________

All too rarely, airline attendants make an effort to make the in-flight "safety lecture" and their other announcements a bit more entertaining.
Here are some real examples that have been heard or reported:
On a Continental Flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."
____________________
On landing the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."
___________________
"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane."
___________________
"Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."
___________________
As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"
____________________
After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, you can bet everything has shifted."

Have a safe day.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

PSA airlines, which was gobbled up by some staid, serious airline in the east, used to have the best and funniest crews. That is, until they were consumed by American, or Delta or whatever it was. Then all the funny stuff was stopped. They need to keep you happy and laughing on a plane, so you don't cry!