Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Rest of The Story: Nat. Parks.

The new Classic Roast coffee from HEB, was fine this morning, not the same as Juan Valdez, but it’s a keeper. It is returnable, if one doesn’t like it. Their decaf that I tried yesterday, had a bit of a bitter taste to it, but I made it according to their directions, not mine, so the jury is still out on that. But when I poured it the French way, ‘cafe au lait’, (with milk) it was OK. I am just used to Colombian decaf.
Here is someone’s explanation of Cafe Au Lait:
“I swear, I despair of ever finding a decent cup of coffee in Los Angeles. The scenario inevitably goes like this:
cafe-au-lait (Small)Chuck (to the coffeehouse waiter): "I'd like a cafe au lait, please."
Waiter (puzzled, scanning the menu): "Oh okay, a latte."
Chuck (annoyed): "No, I didn't ask for a latte, I asked for cafe au lait."
Waiter (standoffish): "Well, they're the same thing."
Chuck (seriously annoyed): "No no no, they're NOT the same thing. Cafe au lait is brewed coffee, preferably dark French roast with chicory, with half scalded -- NOT steamed -- milk, poured together from two pots. Cafe latte is a shot of nasty espresso dumped into a glass of steamed milk that's all froth."
Waiter (thinking): "Gee, what's her problem ..."

cat-mouth-full-main_Full (Small)
Ears (Small)
















The sound still wasn’t working on my PC, and I was just going to take back to the geeks, when I clicked on the right button, and got it going. Of course it had been turned up so many times that it blared.
It hasn’t worked for a while now, so I caught up on different videos that folks had sent me. One was: http://www.bornagainamerican.org/index.html It really is profound. Enjoy.

As for the National Parks:

Finishing the Story. In September, millions watched Ken Burns' film, The National Parks: America's Best Idea, which told the story of how our national parks came to be. Burns' film chronicled the changing American land ethic that gave rise to our national parks.
The film spans the years 1851-1980, ending with passage of the sweeping Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act. NPCA asked renowned national park expert Kim Heacox to help finish the story.
In his series, Finishing the Story, Heacox picks up where the film leaves off, carrying the baton into the last three decades. Read: "Finishing the Story" by Alaska writer and photographer Kim Heacox.

More sayings:
"Destination Unknown, Life is a Highway! It is the journey, not the destination!"

A wise man once said, "If you do not know where you are going, any path will take you there."

“I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.”

"Life is like a dog sled race. If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes!"

"Have you ever seen a hearse pulling a Uhaul trailer?"

"Never look back unless you intend to go that direction!"

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."

"I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!"

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure if you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

“This website was made from 100% recycled electrons!”

It was nearly 60 deg. early this morning, so the cats have been able to have a great time outside on the screen porch today.

No comments: