Monday, November 23, 2009

Picasa Fixed! Bargains.

It was chilly, but the cats still wanted to go out on the screen porch, then Ray called to say he couldn't be here today, something about driving a car back from Arkansas. So I knew that I had the day to goof off and do errands. So I brought the cats back in, as I don't leave them out there if I am going to the next town.

I loaded up my PC into the car and headed for the geek guy there, as my on/off button has been temperamental. I vacuum the back and front of it regularly, but I watched him blow dust out with a compressor (which he said had a mist in it), and he did some other cleaning, after I left.

First I looked at computers in Best Buy, then I wandered around HEB grocery store, looking and sampling. It seemed strange not to be in a hurry, so I could peruse all their wares. Even ran into an old friend I hadn't seen for ages. I usually get groceries at the Krogers in our town, but I happened to have a store credit for HEB, and thought I might as well use it for some coffee.

Coffee is something that I have bought at WalMart for years and years. When my late DH had to switch to decaf, he would only drink WalMart's Great Value Colombian Decaf, as he said it was the only one that didn't taste like decaf, so I just stuck with it. It does taste good.

But when WalMart changed the outside of the can from purple to white, on their regular Great Value Colombian coffee, (not decaf for first thing in the morning), they also changed the coffee, so I changed to Maxwell House Colombian, which I can get anywhere, but it is better than the new WalMart's.

So I thought I would try HEB's decaf, and get some more Maxwell House while I was at it. Well, they had a special that if you bought a big jar of creamer, you got a free can of Classic Roast HEB coffee, so I went with that. No reviews on that until tomorrow, as it is not decaf!

The few times that I am in HEB I buy their shrimp, and all this talk about shimp on Howard's journal (http://www.rv-dreams.com/) made me want some. So I bought very large Gulf shrimp for $3.99 a lb, and they packed it in ice for me as I didn't know how long I would be in Conroe before I could drive back to our town. I had to run the heat on the way there, but now that the sun was high in the sky it was getting quite warm, so I had to run the AC.

I went back to the geek place at 2.00 PM , but they weren't there, and the OPEN sign was lit, so they must have run out for lunch. I saw through the window that they had a little mini-keyboard like mine, only white. They returned, my PC was ready, and he threw in the little keyboard for $5. So I rushed home and hooked it all back up, as soon as I had the shrimp in the fridge. I tried out Picasa 3 and I could sign into Web Albums again for the first time in ages. So I got all the new pictures synchronizing into Web Albums, hooray!

Maybe the answer is to remove dust bunnies?

More Airline quotes:

And from the pilot during his welcome message: "Delta airlines is pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"
____________________
Heard on Southwest Airlines just after a very hard landing in Salt Lake City. The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was quite a bump, and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault...it was the asphalt!"
____________________
Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas, on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxies what's left of our airplane to the gate!"
____________________

More thoughts on flying:

When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash.


Airspeed, altitude, and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight.

Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!
Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you .

So I finally got my Picasa fixed today!

1 comment:

Mom of Bark+Bite said...

I am glad someone besides me think Wal Mart change some products when they change the label.I have used their dishwasher detergent for a long time. The new white label product is not as good.A couple of other items were not as good.