Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Your Spine=Bagels & Butter! Readability.

If you suffer from back pain, here is a 6 minute video about why your spine is like Bagels & Butter, and how to help the pain: http://www.realage.com/videos/?bclid=5030524001#v16974316001

Use This Sleep Position for Back Pain:

“If you've got a testy lower back, here's something you can do in your sleep that might help: Sleep on your side.
Health experts say that this position puts less strain on your spine than sleeping on your back or your stomach does.

Less Painful Positioning:
Joseph A. Abboud, MD, and Soo Kim Abboud, MD, coauthors of No More Joint Pain, contend that sleeping on your side is better for your back because it produces less curve in the spine. Also helpful: a firm mattress that supports your lower back. Tucking your legs up a bit and placing a pillow between your knees can help keep your spine comfier, too”.  From: _http://www.realage.com/tips/use-this-sleep-position-for-back-pain


I find that keeping my feet up on a small step stool when sitting, helps my back, too.  So I have one by the couch and under my desk.  I don’t slouch so much.  I hardly ever have back pain, and when I do it is fixed by my chiropractor.
____________________

Readability.

Tired of trying to dodge the ads and junk that are on a page that you are reading, or you need to print an article:

“Readability is a simple tool that makes reading on the Web more enjoyable by removing the clutter around what you're reading. Follow the steps below to install Readability in your Web browser.

When visiting a Web page worth reading, simply click the link to enable Readability.
It's customizable -- and absolutely free -- as well as indispensable, as you will see when you visit”.
See sample, or download at: http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

When I had to use Readability, it wouldn't work until I used Firefox.   All the ads and junk were gone as if by magic.  So it worked great for an article that I needed to print. 
_____________________

Quotes:  "Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner." - Anonymous

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison, inventor of the light bulb.
________________________

Prime would rather stay inside with me, but Bobcat and Prime have been enjoying the warmer temperatures out on the screen porch today.

No comments: