Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vintage Stove. Fish 50 States in 50 Days

Ray and I wanted to get the fridge that came out of the Coronado put up, but first it needed cleaning. Just as we were going to move it, a junk man drove by and asked if we had any metal. Reminded me of Sanford and Son! Ray said "No", and I hurriedly said "Yes". Jay had brought some big heavy metal stuff up here, and had wanted me to take it 'over the scales' at the place in Conroe. I was tired of having it here, and as I don't have my truck anymore, I let the man have it.

The fridge wasn't really grubby, but we moved it on a hand truck, to the area where we wash things. It was plugged in, with some thermometers in the freezer and fridge to make sure it worked right. It didn't even come on, even though it had, when it was in the Coronado.
Ray jumped in the Puddle Jumper and found the junk man, who came back here. As I was trying to unplug it, he tipped the hand truck to move the fridge, and it came on! Obviously it was temperamental, so off it went, on the man's truck.

It was cooler in the shade, and there was a breeze, so we worked on the stove some more. We removed the burners, primed and painted the part under them. The rest will have to wait until I have the right paint, and it was just too hot to go into town for just that.

We also moved some of the smaller pieces of foam board insulation, and birch paneling that I had bought for the Coronado, out of the TranStar, and got it put up in my attic. The 4' x 8' sheets will have to wait until Jay is here, he is taller. They go up to my attic a different way, through a 1' wide, 5' tall slot, high up in the workshop wall, as the stairs won't accommodate 4' wide stuff.

The father and son who are trying to fish in 50 states in 50 days in their RV, have finished the lower 48, and are flying to Alaska. http://www.fish5050.com/Maryland.html Boy, that was some schedule, I just don't know how they found the stamina to do 14,000+ miles in that amount of time. I like to watch the videos and see them releasing the fish, they even have an under water camera!

We still didn't get the drapes up in the Mirage again, today.

No comments: