Thursday, July 30, 2009

Paint, Painting, and Prisoners!

When I opened the patio door to the screen porch at 6.00AM, it felt so warm out there, I quickly closed the door, as didn't want that hot, moist air in the house.
Even the cats were grateful that I just kept the place closed up, not aired out, with the AC on.

Ray wasn't going to be here for a while, so I went to get Roni to show her how much paintings like hers, bring on eBay. She is an artist, and had bought some blank canvases while we were at Michael's the other day. I took her back home with some ideas in her head. She wants to paint pictures of birds.

Then it started to pour down rain, I could hardly see across the road. It dropped down to the 70's on the screen porch, so I opened up the porch patio door, and let the cats go out there to watch it. It fascinated them. It didn't last long though.

When Ray arrived we carried the little vintage Modernaire stove into the workshop, and wiped it down, so that it wouldn't get rusty again. We went into the Mirage to try to see the best place to mount the hardware for the drapes, but I really had something else I had to do, so we didn't do any more.

This afternoon, as it was cooler, though with a heat index of 100, I thought it would be a good time to go into the next town to get all the various spray paints that I needed. Also I stocked up on oil, transmission fluid, injector cleaner, etc.

I have had this bee in my bonnet for the last few days that I wanted to eat out. So after dropping off the paper re-cycling, I stopped at one of the Mexican restaurants in our town, and had Beef Nachos Supreme.

We used to have a Mexican restaurant here in town, La Hacienda, that was run by a very sweet lady named Martha. I loved her Deluxe Nachos, they had all the food groups, taco meat, refried beans, cheese, onions, with plenty of lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole. Martha died of cancer a little while back, and La Hacienda closed down, so I thought I would try them at this other place. They weren't as good as Martha's and cost more. There were a lot more chips and meat though, so I brought the rest home.  That was my day.

Ponder this:

Homeless people should have it so good!
Once again the taxpayer gets stung.
It also shows that in most cases the quality of life for prisoners has improved considerably from what you might expect.
And I always thought prison was for punishment.!!!!!
Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, this comparison chart should make things a little bit clearer:

@ PRISON
You spend most of your time in a 10X10 cell
@ WORK
You spend most of your time in a 6X6 cubicle

@ PRISON
You get three fully paid for meals a day
@ WORK
You get a break for one meal, and you have to pay for it

@ PRISON
For good behavior, you get time off
@ WORK
For good behavior,you get more work

@ PRISON
The guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you
@ WORK
You must carry a security card and open all the doors yourself

@ PRISON
You can watch TV and play games
@ WORK
You could get fired for watching TV and playing games

@ PRISON
You get your own toilet
@ WORK
You have to share the toilet with people who pee on the seat

@ PRISON
They allow your family and friends to visit
@ WORK
You aren't even supposed to speak to your family

@ PRISON
All expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required on your part
@ WORK
You must pay all your expenses to go to work, and they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners

@ PRISON
You must deal with wardens
@ WORK
They are called 'managers'

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Now that's cool on the comparison! It's very true too. Thanks for posting it.