Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Went to look at another little RV


I didn't even going to bother going to pick Jay up, and let him get bored hanging around his house. He is hyperactive and likes to be doing something, so he won't like that. I knew that it would take a few days for him to get over that last "drunk up" !

Ray couldn't work today, so I went to look at an RV for sale outside of Conroe. I had toyed with the idea of this one for a while, and I had been reluctant to look at it, as they have a very bad reputation if they still have the Renault 2.2 in them. It is just under powered. It is a little Winnebago LeSharo, nice and low down for me to get into, which is what I am looking for. They are usually converted to a GM 3800 2nd. Generation, or to 3.3 Chyrslers, and then they are great. He said that it had a Volvo in it, so I went to see if he knew what he was talking about. He didn't, it had the original Renault. I took a picture of a Renault 2.2 with me.
The ceiling was in bad shape, and really needed some work. The Kohler genny was missing it's carburettor. The roof AC and fridge worked, the blinds and upholstery were like new, but won't be for long with the ceiling in that condition. He started it up, but it didn't have a muffler, so I couldn't tell how the engine sounded ! The tranny seemed reluctant to move it, that might have been that it had been sitting in the same spot for so long that the wheels had sunk in the ground. The dash AC didn't work. The dash was all cracked, and parts missing. Even the wooden cup holder on the console was coming apart from sitting in the sun. The Michelin tires were way outdated, and cracked. I passed on it, even though he offered it to me at a lower price, just to get it out of his yard. I am tired of working on the RVs that other people won't fix, I want to go RVing. Now when I am getting paid to do it, that is different. I know when one is too far gone to make it worth the work.

He also had a lovely Nissan ext. cab truck, with AC, and buttons, for sale, but when I looked it up, he was asking twice what it is worth, so I passed on that, too.

A disappointing day.

No comments: