Friday, January 22, 2010

“Teacher” Home. FaceBook Mugging.

Jay and I scooped up all the sand and coir out of the bathtub we had put in my grooming room for the tortoise.  Jay carried the bathtub back to the storage place, and we moved the bin of sand, coir, and Teacher back down to Jay’s house.

As the weather is up in the 70’s during the day, so Jay thought it would be OK for Teacher to go back outside.   When we got him there, he wandered around Jay’s fenced yard for a while, and then headed for his old bed under Jay’s house.   We had already put the sand/coir in his little hidey hole.   So he dug himself in.

The cats were on the porch while this was going on, so when they went in their room, my grooming room, they were taken aback by all the space!!

My allergy testing is going slowly.  I have gradually been re-introducing different foods back into my diet, and I still have mild reactions to - I don’t know what!  Nothing like it was before though.   Little Puddin’, the Yorkie scratched the back of my legs yesterday, and I didn’t come up in red welts.   Yes,  I did consider that maybe I had developed an allergy to cats, but I don't think so, as the rash comes and goes, and I am around them all the time.  I also changed to a hypo-allergenic laundry soap and bath soap.
______________________

“E-mugging takes place of real mugging” from the Star Tribune:
“On Jan. 13, I received an urgent phone call from a Facebook friend asking if I was OK and if I really needed money. While logged into Facebook, she had received an instant message from someone posing as me. She was told that I had been mugged and robbed in the United Kingdom and was asked to wire money to me because my purse had been stolen. Any questions or objections my friend raised were answered by the impostor.”   Read the rest here: http://www.startribune.com/business/82098707.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUUUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

_______________________

How about some more quotes for a change:

“Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.” - Phyllis Diller, comedian, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966
________________________
“You can get all A's and still flunk life.” ~ Walker Percy
________________________
“Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.” ~ Daniel J. Boorstin, Democracy and Its Discontents
_____________________
“Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” - Doug Larson
________________________
“It's bizarre that the (grocery store) produce manager is more important to my children's health than the pediatrician.” - Meryl Streep
________________________

Mindi’s dogs were picked up last night, so now there is just Bobcat, and the two foster cats, today.

No comments: