Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lazy Day. Just Rambling.

The temperature on the screen porch was about 50+ degrees when I got up, so I let the cats out there.



My daughter and I spent a long time on our usual Saturday morning call this morning. We were discussing my granddaughter’s way of raising her hyperactive 7 year  old. They are temporarily staying at my daughter and son-in-law’s house, so this was affecting all of them, including my daughter’s 13 year old son. My youngest son was/is hyperactive, so I had a lot of sympathy for all of them. We were discussing the pros and cons of prescribing the medications available for it, too. I wish there was a cure, or prevention for it, it is such a nerve wracking situation for all.



The foster cats, Patches and Prime decided they both wanted to be in the new bed:

Ray wasn’t here today, so I was trying to sort out some of the problems I have been having with this computer. I still can’t get signed into Picasa Web Albums from Picasa, so I can’t synchronize the pictures. I tried all the suggested things in Help, but it didn’t work.

The movie “Oklahoma” was on TCM today. That was the only movie that my father ever took me to, so I remember it well. My mother had left us when I was 4 years old, and then he was sent overseas in WWII, so I hardly ever saw him. So I spent the war years with my grandparents. When he returned from the war, he married a couple of times, but I was left to fend for myself, as neither step mother wanted the trouble of a child. I did spend a couple of years with him and my second stepmother in Paris, France, as he was working there, but I hardly ever saw him. Then my step mother made sure that I was sent back to England, so I started work at 15 years old, and rented a room at the YWCA in London. So “Oklahoma” brought all that back, I would loved to have been a “Daddy’s Girl”.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." - Doug Larson.

"If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt." - Dean Martin, actor, comedian, singer.

"The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing." - Phyllis Diller, comedian

Enough of my ramblings today!

No comments: