Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Family from England Came for a Quick Visit.

It has been humid and warm all day. Ronnie, (a she), Jay and I worked on yard sale things most of the morning. Jay and I got all the hanging clothes down from the clothes pole up in the store room attic. Ronnie measured all the pants, skirts, blouses and shirts for sale, and attached tags with the sizes, waist, length, and inseam measurements on them. That will help them sell, and get them outta here. If they don't sell, that will be one less thing that the thift shop will have to do, when I donate them to the church.

My daughter Wendy called, and they were on the way to the airport to pick up Heidi, (my brother Nigel's daughter), her husband Martin, and their son, Ben. They were arriving from England for a couple of weeks trip here in the US. I haven't seen Heidi since she was a school girl when I visited England in 1981, so I was really thrilled. We were all supposed to meet at Ryan's Buffet in Conroe, but they had eaten so well on the plane that they were not hungry, so they were all coming here.

It was so good to see them. They are going to stay with Wendy and Richard until Friday, then on to San Francisco, and Yosemite.

You've never seen a faster Swiffer than mine today!

3 comments:

Leno said...

How nice to have a surprise visit.

Mom of Bark+Bite said...

I am sure you had a great time visiting with family. Would you like to return for a visit to England sometime?

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

No, not really, Mom of Bark and Bite. I went back in 81, and everything was different. The folks that I would stay with, are all gone. I have too much to see right here in TX! Like the Palo Duro Canyon, as I will never see the other Grand Canyon!
Happy Trails, Penny, TX