Monday, August 10, 2009

Drapes Up! More Betcha Didn't Know This.

Here they are ! The drapes in the Mirage RV. I just have to find the right stuff to hang them. Now they are just hanging on some regular old elastic. Then another row of elastic to hold them up against the curve of the wall. Can't use straight rods on a curved wall. Once I get that done, I can put the mattress back up there. For some reason my camera makes the ceiling look dark blue, so I changed it to sepia, in Picasa, so that at least it is brown!

We had raked up the pine needles in my back yard, so that Ray could mow, which he did. We planned on pressure washing the back of the house, as it has green algae on the white vinyl siding, but it didn't get done today. As we hadn't put the little upholstery cleaner back upstairs, Ray cleaned the seats in the Aerostar.

I had bought a portable dishwasher adapter for the kitchen faucet, so that I could try out the little dishwasher that I bought a while back. I wanted to make sure it works well, before I take the big one out, and install it. It went though it's paces very well, we just need to have time to install it. I have to buy a large drawer to go under it, and a slim tray cabinet for the side, to match what I have, to make up the difference in size. It won't stick out so far in the kitchen aisle when the door is open, and I can gain more storage space. I won't have to bend my old back to load it either, L'il 'ole me just doesn't need a full size dishwasher.

After lunch I had to go into town anyway, so I stopped at Hancock's Fabric store. They had some strong round elastic which will do great for the drapes. I stopped at Petsmart to get some cat food, and they had a pamphlet about the Care and Feeding of Tortoises, so that might help Jay. But he never reads directions anyway!! He sure is giving Claudia a lot of stress with his drinking. Now he gets drunk every day, and just can't stop. That is why he hasn't been working here for a while.

More Bet You Didn't Know This:

Why do X's at the end of a letter signify kisses? In the Middle Ages, when many people were unable to read or write, documents were often signed using an X. Kissing the X represented an oath to fulfill obligations specified in the document. The X and the kiss eventually became synonymous to each other.
**********
Why is shifting responsibility to someone else called "passing the buck"? In card games, it was once customary to pass an item, called a buck, from player to player to indicate whose turn it was to deal. If a player did not wish to assume the responsibility, he would "pass the buck" to the next player.
**********
We have had thunder and lightening, but no rain today.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Good Morning, Penny!
Thank you for your comment on our blog "Birdingrvers.com"!!
Yes, it was a kick to visit the farm! With our travels we go past so many and you just wonder: what is that growing? how do the harvest it? how do they know when to plant? etc.
Sounds like you've been a busy lady!!
My Dad's side of the family comes from England, my Great Grandfather was from Liverpool. Interesting that your Mum was from here!
Stay cool down there and keep on reading! It's free "arm chair travel"! Kathy Webb