Friday, August 28, 2009

Another Blind Up. Jay's Call. Now There Are Four!



Another humid day, but not as hot as it has been.
Ray was cleaning and polishing the Mirage, making it look pretty.

Jay and I made a framework for the second blind to protrude, like the first one. But the cross board had to be higher, as vehicles are parked under this side. The Puddle Jumper's antenna would miss the old blind, but I wanted to make it so that I could park the taller minivan there, if need be. I don't know why it took such a long time to make this, but it took all morning.

Well, not quite, as Jay had a long conference call from California from his two sisters and his dying father. Jay and his father are not close, but it hit Jay hard, all the same, to know that they are going to 'pull the plug' on him tomorrow. This is one of the few times that I have heard of a person being kept alive by machines being lucid and able to talk. That must be terribly upsetting.

I had heard about this deserted skinny little Siamese. When I went to get Jay this morning, I found her wandering around the streets, looking for something to eat. She traveled well in the car, so I brought her here, and put her in a cage with some food, water and a box. Boy, was she hungry! She has to be in isolation and can't be near my foster cats until she has been checked out by a vet. She will have to be tested for Feline Leukemia, and FIV first, which are NOT airborne diseases. She rested peacefully after eating, then I locked up my foster cats, and let her have some 'free' time in the dog room. She was purring so happily to me, and wanted to be petted big time.

It is a happy day for the cat, but a sad one for Jay, today.

No comments: