Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mirage little Jobs. Still No Rain.

Still no rain, and we are under water conservation. I conserve water anyway, as I was brought up in England during the war. We were told, "Don't waste water, or children in Russia will starve". I just took it for granted, not to waste water, but now, looking back, I don't know what British water had to do with Russian children! Did you know that during the war the British had to paint a mark on the bath tub at 5" deep, and that is all you were supposed to use? We complied, and I know many did.

MaeMae and I picked up Jay, but we knew he was hung over. She wouldn't have anything to do with him. MaeMae had left some marks on my carpet where she had dragged food out of her dish, and off her placemat. He cleaned them up with the little cordless spot lifter machine, and then plonked out on my couch, till the early afternoon.
Ray worked here this afternoon, as he was busy on another job this morning. He did some more paint touch up in the Mirage, where Jay had fixed a boo-boo. Ray and I went to work on that white stuff you see around the top of the cabinets. It was someone's attempt at covering up the old beige cloth covered trim, but they had just stapled it up there, and the staples were falling out. Those would be great to get in a bare foot, or in the bed!!
We took the staples and white stuff down, unscrewed the trim, and recovered it with some fabric that I had saved yesterday, from that drape. The original screws were covered in cloth covered snappers, so we used them to put it back in place. Of course I had taken my blood thinner, and so I got a staple in my thumb!! It was just a little hole, so it didn't bleed much.

It was really hot, so no work in the Coronado today.

No comments: