Thursday, May 14, 2009

Topiary. More Demolition. Leg Cramps.

I slept pretty well until 3.00 AM, then I got terrible leg cramps, and the coughing started all over again. Another hot, humid day. I brought Bobcat in from the screen porch by noon again.

While I was outside with MaeMae, Ray told me that we couldn't start on his floor today, as he had to go down the street to "Put Out the Animals". These topiary animals are big, heavy and made of wire shapes, stuffed with something and some plant growing all over them, so they are Wire Topiaries. They are not the topiaries that are bushes clipped into shapes. This old man, two streets from me, makes these things and babies them. They are put in an enormous plastic green house for the winter. It takes at least a couple of guys to carry each one out. I will have to take pictures. Some of them are quite unique.

In the meantime Jay had called me, said he was bored and sober, and wanted to work. (Translation: he needed money), so MaeMae and I went to get him. I got him working on the Coronado floor, and we got a lot of it torn out, all the way down to the aluminum underbelly. I was loading the old plywood into a trash can and dragging it to the burn pile. That was one sturdy floor at one time! We had to take some of the plywood out one layer at a time.

We quit around noon, as it was getting hot.
I drove down to the lots that are for sale, took pictures and sent them to Netters. I took a bath, ate lunch, and I am going to see if I can get a nap today.

PS.
Yes, I did get a short nap, but was woken up by terrible leg cramps in the other leg this time. I called my doctor's office and they told me to stop taking the antibiotics and see them in the morning.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Are you drinking enough fluids? I get leg cramps if I don't drink enough water during the day. Gatorade helps also.

Hope you are better real soon.