Thursday, May 21, 2009

Material Shopping.

Hooray! Another day where the AC is not needed. I did turn it on for a while last night, just to get some stickiness out of the air, but turned it off later. This is going to help a lot on the electricity bill. Anyway it is nice to have the windows open.

I got Ray started on doing a bit of paint touch-up on the Mirage cabinet and doors, and went to get Jay. We were going into the next town to get materials for the Coronado, and some other things.

First stop was St. Marks Thrift Shop, and I bought a corner hammock thing for kid's toys. They come in very handy for keeping light weight stuff in small RVs. Then we went to Angelica Thrift Shop and I bought a small light weight toaster oven for the Mirage, then next door to the Dollar General for some more allergy and cold medicines for me. In Lowes, I bought some carriage bolts, nuts, lock washers, 1x2's, insulation, and lucked onto a big piece of linoleum for $5.00. By this time it was way past lunch time, so we came home, even though I still had things on my list. It was getting warmer, and we had to use the van's AC on the way home.

When I got home, I found out that a tribe of elephants is in trouble.
This is the article, if you are interested:
http://www.kintera.org/cms.asp?id=764510&campaign_id=20843&msource=DR090503001&tr=y&enString=lvSOQPXPOqKWIbPSLhJULdPWIgLGITQGRWSSOoMZLlIYJaMNKpG&auid=4880856

I have taken some sinus medicine this time, so maybe I will feel better today.

No comments: