Thursday, February 20, 2014

Went Around Pawn Shops.

 

Yesterday, I was feeling a bit stronger, so Ray drove me to all the local pawn shops looking for my wedding/engagement ring.  I had made up some flyers with pictures of my nugget gold and diamond ring, the police report #, etc.  and we left them all over the place.  

143-326-0600-Double But the conclusion became obvious, that the burglars had just sold the ring for the gold, and it was melted down. Did you know that when you sell gold to one of those gold buying places they don't even ask to see ID?  How convenient for the robbers!  Pawn shops are strictly governed, so the thieves would be stupid to pawn it.

I am gradually getting stronger, but I can't drive yet, and I get very tired.  I hope I get to feeling like my former self soon.

It was a disappointing day.

3 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

I'm glad to hear you're getting stronger but having this theft on top of everything else is tough. I hope that you can find some peace.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Terrible thing getting robbed while in the hospital!! Glad you are doing well and am sure your strength will return soon.

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Thank you for your comments, Sandra and DD.

Happy Tails and Trails, Penny