Friday, March 20, 2009

Brazoria Co. Memorial Fence

Another nice sunny day here in near the Gulf Coast of TX.

Every now and then, my computer slows down or freezes up, in spite of all the cleaning, defragging, 'msconfig', One-Click-Fixes, and other stuff I do to it. So I decided that I had some time that I could devote to this problem and called AOL Customer Support. It worked better for a while, but then went back to it's ways. But I do go all over the world on this thing. Sometimes I even buy stuff from Britain, that I can't get here!


When I was looking at the news about Bert Brady, who goes to D/FW airport each day to greet the returning troops, I came across another item of interest, to me anyway.
This is all about a man in Brazoria County, (where TX began), and how he built this fence to honor all our latest fallen troops. What a tragedy that there are so many crosses on it.

Angleton resident Jimmy Jackson said he was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from people and organizations helping him rebuild his fence, which supports more than 4,000 crosses bearing the names of fallen soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. The memorial was damaged by Hurricane Ike.

I did get to the lake to feed the ducks and fish, the hardware and grocery store.
Then my friend's husband succumbed to cancer today.

1 comment:

Debbie and Rod said...

So sorry for yours and your friend's loss today.

Debbie