Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why is the Sky Blue? Siamese Rescued. Just Painting.

"On a clear sunny day, the sky above us looks bright blue. In the evening, the sunset puts on a brilliant show of reds, pinks and oranges. Why is the sky blue? What makes the sunset red?
To answer these questions, we must learn about light, and the Earth's atmosphere."
Explanation here: http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/sky_blue.html
__________________

"The case was finally settled by Einstein in 1911, who calculated the detailed formula for the scattering of light from molecules; and this was found to be in agreement with experiment.  He was even able to use the calculation as a further verification of Avogadro's number when compared with observation.  The molecules are able to scatter light because the electromagnetic field of the light waves induces electric dipole moments in the molecules."
More at: http://www.phys.ncku.edu.tw/mirrors/physicsfaq/General/BlueSky/blue_sky.html
________________

Or this one might seem easier to understand: http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/en/kids/misrsky/misr_sky.shtml
________________

Today:

I rake the back yard each day, as it is where the pine needles congregate on the grass, which is not good for it.  It is also where the dogs do their thing, so that gets raked up too.  It can't just stay there, it is unhealthy and would attract flies.  Ray and I got that hauled to the burn pile first thing.

Then we started on some more repairs to the contractor's paint and caulking that they did years ago.  This time Ray removed the old glue and yellowed caulk that was making my tub/shower enclosure look ugly.  Also he repainted around the cupboard in there.  That yellowing paint and caulk that they used in some places, is really horrible.

As he was painting the door and trim inside my bedroom door, a 'lady' came to the front door, just as I was taking the dogs out. 
She had a boy in tow, carrying a small Siamese cat, and she said they were looking for Zeb, Ray and Shay's son, who lives next door to me on the east side. She had knocked on his door, but got no answer. There is just my guest house where Ray and Shay live on the west side, as I am on a corner.
 
So she asked me if I was Zeb's mother and I said no, so she said that she thought Zeb's parents lived here.  I called to Ray, and he came out there.  She borrowed Ray's cell phone and called someone, and it was apparent that she was not only vehicle-less, but might even be homeless, too.

 The boy said that he had found the cat, and as he had always wanted one, he was going to keep it.  The boy and the cat were soaked in perspiration, I could see that the little cat was thirsty, so I put water in the outside water dish, and the boy said " It's hot, so I thought we could come inside". 

I wasn't about to let them in, something wasn't quite right!

I asked him how far he was going to carry the cat, and he said that they were going to walk back into town, 5 miles.  So I told him that the cat would die of the heat, if it didn't jump out of his arms and get run over, and that I would take care of it.

I took it inside to an isolation cage, and got it set up with water, food and a box.  It was very hungry.  At that time, Shay came up, and she told the gal, in no uncertain manner, not to ever knock on Zeb's, mine or her doors ever again, and they walked off.

Apparently, this gal and her son had wheedled their way into a neighbor's house on another street, where Shay works sometimes.  The gal has a heroin addiction, and had stolen stuff from there.  She was looking for Zeb, to hit him up for money, or something.  He had unknowingly given her a ride into town one day, so now she thought he would be a soft touch.

I save animals, so now I hope someone can save the boy.  The gal is teaching him to be a grifter. (A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.)

I knew that our SPCA didn't have any more room for cats, so I listed the little intact male Siamese cat as 'Found' on http://www.petbarbor.com/ right away.  I didn't know if they had stolen someone's pet. It might have been picked up by them, just for the purpose of gaining entry.
Then I wrote to the closest Siamese Rescue, and told them it was here, or I would turn it into Animal Control, and they could pull it from there.

For a Siamese, I am very surprised that he isn't vocal.   He is a cutie, grateful for any food or care, and has been so good    So I have one more to feed today!

No comments: