Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How to Clean A Grill. Just Nylons. Fur!

I should have posted this before now, but better late than never:

"If you didn't clean your grates before putting away your grill last year, it won't be fun to clean them this year. But, there's hope in the form of a homemade remedy.
Simply put the caked-on grates in a black or dark color plastic bag, pour a cup of ammonia into the bag, leave the bag in the sun for a day, then open it up and the crud will easily hose off the grills, thanks to solar action. For the inside areas of your grill, Bale suggests using a putty knife to scrape away old residue.

Make Cleaning A Habit
Going forward through the season, clean your grill after each use. Remove cooked food, turn flame to low, brush the grates with a grill brush for a few seconds, turn off burners, let them cool, and only then spray the surface with vegetable oil, which loosens more food from the grates."
More at:  http://www.shelterpop.com/2010/05/27/how-to-clean-a-gas-grill/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl8|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shelterpop.com%2F2010%2F05%2F27%2Fhow-to-clean-a-gas-grill%2F
_____________

Once again, I don't use Tiny URLs, as this way you know where you are clicking!
_____________

Now they just need nylons, not hair and fur, for the Oil Spill:

"5/23/10 please note: We need nylons for the Gulf, but we are not accepting hair from new sign ups till we work through the tons that we have. All new sign ups are in the RESERVES till further notice."
From: http://www.matteroftrust.org/programs/hairmatsinfo.html
_______________

Yesterday:   Sugarboy, now Paco, and Maine Coon cat:

The lady who gave me "Sugarboy", the little smooth coat intact male Chihuahua, came by yesterday, but brought her girl dog (in season).  She had named him after her late Chihuahua, Sugar, but I think he looks more like "Pacoboy".

Of course we didn't let them do anything, but it got him all upset when they left.  He hasn't completely settled down yet, goes to the recliner where she was sitting, and gives a little howl.  What was she thinking?  He wouldn't eat his dinner, but he did eat his breakfast, so that is a good sign.


He is so well behaved, that it is nice to have a dog around again, though not my type of dog.   I prefer them to be about 14" high at the shoulder, and I prefer breeds that don't shed, like poodles or schnauzers.  It is a good thing my little Hoover Nanolite really picks up pet hair.  You should see what it picks up.

She also brought a young lady with her who was trying to give me a great big beautiful Maine Coon neutered male cat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Coon  She said they couldn't keep it because their neighbor was going to call Animal Control on it.  I told her that the cat shouldn't be outside, killing birds, lizards, etc., and in danger of being killed or injured by a car.  I also told her that Animal Control wouldn't put down a beautiful cat like that, it would go straight to their Adoption Center.  She said it was box trained, so why couldn't she keep it indoors?  Maybe it was not neutered early enough and it is a sprayer!!

I hated not to take it in,  and I shall worry about it's future,  but……do they think I am the local pound? 
I couldn't have a new cat around my SPCA foster cats, who are all checked out healthy, flea-free,  and ready for adoption, it is against the rules.  Apart from that, I wouldn't want mine to be exposed to anything where an outside cat had been.  Also, the foster cats are around my 15 year old Bobcat. She is a "Rumpy" - no tail whatsoever, Manx: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manx_(cat) )
_____________

Today:

I have been doing the RV Rule:  You bring something in, then you have to get rid of something! 
But this is not in my RV, but in the clothes drawers, and closet in my house.  Anything that didn't fit me, or I don't wear, had to go in the 'Yard Sale Dept', to make room for the clothes that I have recently bought.  It is funny how we have our 'favorite clothes', and then some that we hardly ever wear. 
I don't know if I will actually have another Yard Sale, so then it will become the "Donation Dept"!

Then I have been washing all the cat's and dog's bedding. 
It is amazing how much fur is in the dryer lint filter today!

No comments: