Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Don’t Have GPS, then Benchmark.

Geocaching is a very popular hobby with a lot of RVers, but what if you don’t have a GPS?   Then “benchmark”, it will take you to lots of interesting places that you would never had known about, just like geocaching.

“Do I need to have a GPS receiver to find benchmarks?
No. A GPS makes getting to the right area easier, but when you're there, you will (generally) be better off if you use the details of the benchmark's location description to locate it. Because most of these benchmarks were installed prior to the existence of GPS, the benchmark database is geared toward finding benchmarks from the descriptions, not the coordinates. “ http://www.geocaching.com/mark/gallery.aspx
Here is where you can find them in your area: http://www.geocaching.com/mark/default.aspx
 ________________

Jay and I spent most of the day shopping.  We went to our local Justice of the Peace to see about paperwork so that I can sue two people who owe me money.  Then on to four thrift shops, plus  HEB, Home Depot, Lowes, Petco, Krogers, Tobacco Barn and Dollar Tree.  Whew!!   And we didn’t even stop for lunch.  All the samples in the stores were our lunch.  At the last store I tried some Crab and Spinach dip, but within five minutes my eyes were watering, my nose ran, and I got itchy places on my left arm and side.  And I only had a bit on a cracker!

I latched on to a matching royal blue set of non-stick Farberware cookware with glass lids, for $7.50.   Also a little coffee maker for $2 and some T-shirts, etc.  Jay bought some T-shirts and a telescope.  Neither of us had ever been to the Dollar Tree, we usually go to the 99c. Store.  We each got bargains there, including a strength of reading glasses that the 99c. Store doesn’t carry any more.  I had to buy a new AC for the grooming room, the old one didn’t even come on when I tried to use it.  And I bought more fence boards for the fence.   It had warmed up, so I had been removing layers of clothing, but we had to run the AC on the way home.
_________________

Quotes:
“Just because you don’t take an interest in politics, doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you.”  Pericles (430 B.C)

“Talk is cheap….except when Congress does it”.  Anon.

“If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.”    Mark Twain
 __________________

A busy day.

No comments: