Thursday, September 24, 2009

21st.Sept. On Laptop. Shipped Aloe.

Monday, was a bad day. My PC was messed up with that virus, so I was struggling with my laptop. I don't use it very often, so it had to update, do scans, and all that stuff. It is so slow it couldn't catch a cold, as it is on dial-up, but it never was very fast anyway!

My pictures aren't in it, and I can only access them by going into my Picasa Web Albums when I am using it. But on the laptop, the pictures are smaller than a pencil eraser, so you can hardly see them. It has a slide bar to magnify them, but it doesn't do any good. I wonder why it did that, and if it does that on all laptops? It just isn't the same. I was ready to give up blogging and just keep a diary for my family and me. Then I read Mom of Bark And Bite's comment. I didn't realize that my little ramblings were appreciated.

One tech told me to take it to a computer shop, but I didn't want to go that route. Been There, Done That! By doing some searching, and trying out other "cures", which did nothing, I found Malwarebytes which took the virus off my PC. But I could not get into anything to do with Google. I was on the phone with so many Tech Supports that I must have got sand in my hard drive.

Picture courtesy of Netters. Thanks.

They had me do so many things to this puter, but it didn't work. So resigned myself to cranking up the laptop if I wanted to make any comments on any Blogger's blogs, or moderate any that were made on mine.

Ray did a few more little touch-ups on the Mirage, as we had got interrupted the other day. Then he helped me pack a big order of large Aloe. We had to make special protectors for those large plants, and pack them carefully in a big box.

With that done, I turned on the PC after it had done some more scanning and re-installing of MacAfee, and blow me down, someone else had bought some aloe.

After lunch and a quick nap, as I hadn't slept well, I packed that small order. I had been kept awake with leg cramps. I had been so engrossed in the PC's problem that I had forgotten to take my calcium with D, and extra A and D for my osteoporosis.

A trip to the Post Office, the Dollar General, and home for the day.

No comments: