Thawing Frozen Turkeys:
Immediately after grocery store checkout, take the frozen turkey home and store it in the freezer until ready to use. Frozen turkeys should not be thawed on the back porch, in the car trunk, in the basement or on the kitchen counter.
Refrigerator ThawingWhen thawing a turkey in the refrigerator, there are several variables to take into account:
- Plan ahead: allow approximately 24 hours for every 5 pounds in a refrigerator set at 40 °F.
Refrigerator Thawing Times(Whole turkey)
- 8 to 12 pounds..........1 to 2 days
- 12 to 16 pounds..........2 to 3 days
- 16 to 20 pounds..........3 to 4 days
- 20 to 24 pounds..........4 to 5 days
If you can't defrost your turkey in the fridge:
Paco and Misty went with me to pick up Jay, and we had a little walk around there, down by the lake.
Jay and I cut down the old wheel wells, as it will make more storage room under the dinette, and there is plenty of room for the wheels.
It is such nice weather that the cats are out on the porch, sunning themselves today.