Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bruce and Margie. I Feel Like a Sloth Today. Jay's Accident.

I am going at half-speed today, just like a sloth.

The tragic news of Bruce and Margie  http://bruceandmargiesfulltimejourney.blogspot.com/2010/10/from-her-family.html  , upset me more than I thought it would, considering that I have never met them.  Margie and I have commented on each other's blogs. 

To all those who have met them, it must be even more traumatic, and you have my condolences.

http://www.lompocrecord.com/news/local/article_27598ee8-d9ac-11df-aaf2-001cc4c03286.html

I was crying when I went to bed, and it was my first thought upon awakening.  

Poor Little Orphan Annie, she must wonder where her 'Mom and Dad' are.  I hope that Annie and Stephanie can comfort each other.

Even now at 2.30 in the afternoon, I still can't think about much else than this senseless tragic accident to some wonderful fulltime Rvers.    We will all miss them.

____________

 

One never knows what is around the corner.  This morning I had to take Jay to the Emergency Room, to get 6 stitches put in his chin.  

I think he has learned his lesson about using the right tool for the job now!   He was prying something with a screwdriver instead of a pry bar, the screwdriver broke and slashed him.  I took a picture, but it is too gory, as it was still bleeding.

_______________

 

"Sloths are extremely slow-moving mammals found in the rainforest canopies of Central and South America. There are two species of sloths:two-toed and three-toed. Most sloths are about the size of a small dog and they have short, flat flat heads. Their hair is grayish brown but, at times they look grey-green in color because they move so slowly that tiny camouflaging algae grow all over their coats. "


 

Another video:

http://vimeo.com/11712103

 

Just for a little while, maybe watching the cute baby sloths can take our minds off the terrible event of yesterday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell exactly the same Penny I have thought about much else since I read there blog yesterday. I am really feeling a great loss and can't imagine what there family is going through. I have myself been in there place when my only sister was murdered just 4 short years ago and seem to have this reaction to other peoples selfishness. Poor Annie and all of there family I wish I could do something.

Take Good Care Penny
Brenda Brown

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Thank you for your comment, Brenda.

Oh, you have my prayers, Brenda, I am so grieved to hear about your sister.

Maybe this is the way we react who have been through this kind of tragedy in their own families.
My granddaughter was killed by a DDD (dam drunk driver) 4-1/2 years ago.

Still stunned over Margie and Bruce, Penny, TX

Anonymous said...

oh Penny so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine losing one of our grandkids. To heartbreaking to think about. I just noticed I used the wrong their. I guess in the big picture that doesn't matter.

Take good care Penny

KarenInTheWoods said...

This has been so disheartening and shocking to our community of RV bloggers. I can't imagine how much hurt and pain that family is feeling today, and those sweet grandaughters having to lose both of their grandparents like this. I just ache thinking about it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/